Monday, January 19, 2009

WEEKEND

From Lake Arrowhead

With another beautiful sunny day we headed up to Lake Arrowhead in the San Bernardino Mountains which look down upon us. After breakfast in Blue Jay Village a few miles away we enjoyed this beautiful lake at 5,000 ft.. There was quite a bit of snow with a drop in temperature of about 30 degrees but very pretty in the crisp air! It was an interesting contrast when we returned to the 80 degree valley.

Historical Landmark #42
On Sunday we checked out the San Bernardino Asistencia an outpost of Mission San Gabriel. This afforded an opportunity for a run/hike/photo shoot up the Timoteo Wash, a natural drainage canal. I had an interesting experience on that run: Seeing quite a few other runners in this rural area, I thought maybe there was a race in progress and, when I came to an ambulance and a police car with some people milling around in the distance, it looked like an aid station and I thought I'd check it out to see what was going on. However, I was abruptly stopped by one of the police: "where do you think you're going?" To which I replied: "isn't that an aid station for a run?" To which he said "it's a crime scene, so keep moving". You never know what you'll run into these days!

Obviously, we made it home for an afternoon of football.

No comments:

Post a Comment