Monday, March 30, 2009

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

Click on photo for larger view
.

Care, competence, and confidence are certainly reflected in this group. I've never met such a bunch of good people in one place right from the git-go. When I first started and saw how cheerful everyone was, I thought that, maybe, the treatment affected the brain. However, as I got to know everybody and gained familiarity with the program, I realized that it was just the spirit of the place that permeated patients, caregivers, and supporting spouses alike.

I begun with some obvious trepidation with the cancer diagnosis, but not only did we meet great people and make some lasting friends, we also gained confidence in the treatment and look on this experience as a distraction rather than a fate. So onward and upward with a 50 mile trail run this coming weekend!

By the way, Marianne has promised to serve sandwiches every Wednesday night to ensure that the LLUMC experience remains fresh in our minds.!


No comments:

Post a Comment